Basil is an important medicine in various traditional and folk systems of medicines like South East Asia and India. Holy basil is known for its strong medicinal and healing properties. It is one of the oldest herbs for humankind, which has many types of health properties. You can experiment with it in many ways. As they boost immunity, they work to relieve stress, headaches and infections.
Home remedies of winter cold and cough
Make basil tea
Basil tea rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties provides many benefits. For this, boil five to six basil leaves boil well in a cup of water. Then boil it for 8 to 10 min. and then sift it in a cup. Drinking tea twice a day will help relieve fever and colds. Apart from this, it also helps in the prevention of malaria and dengue.
Basil has been shown to be similar to antidepressant medicines. Beneficial basil juice in fever and winter is particularly beneficial for children. For this, you remove the juice of 10 to 15 basil leaves. Keep drinking these juice every two to three hours. This will benefit very quickly.
If the fever is not being reduced, then drinking a Basil milk will be very beneficial for you. For this add some basil leaves of half a liter milk and also add cinnamon and boil well. After this, mix some sugar in it from above. Drinking this milk will bring relief in fever. Apart from this, it is also beneficial in viral fever.
Benefits of Basil :
1. Basil strengthens digestion and nervous system and is considered a good remedy for headache and insomnia. Eugenol present in its leaves is considered good in the digestive system. Basil helps in acid balance within the body and restores the proper pH level of the body.
2. Basil and its anti-inflammatory properties can treat various types of diseases and disorders. Basil’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowl condition.
3. Basil helps restore the natural pH level of the body. Eating it helps in increasing immunity.
4. The detox properties present in Basil help to promote the health of your liver. Liver is a very necessary organ for the body, because it plays an important role in metabolism. Basil can help prevent fat production in the liver and keep your liver healthy.
5. Sugar in the blood is released slowly by the use of basil, which is very important for diabetes. Essential oils present in basil also help reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels, which is a continuous risk factor between diabetes.